HISD Foundation in partnership with CITGO Petroleum Corporation is pleased to announce funding to award a $1,000 scholarship to up to 10 deserving graduating high school seniors within the Houston Independent School District (“HISD”). CITGO proudly supports higher education opportunities for deserving students who are pursuing degrees in Science, Engineering, Technology and Math. The goal of the CITGO STEM Scholarship program is to provide support to young scholars who are keen to develop careers in STEM industries and that have a direct impact on the student’s communities.
1. Students must be seniors in HISD and on target to graduate in May 2019.
2. Student should be enrolled or plan to enroll in a STEM-degree program at a 4-year accredited university.
3. Students should have a high school grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
4. Provide an official transcript with your application as well as a copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores if available
5. Application and all supporting information must be received by Friday, April 5, 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
6. Scholarship finalist’s will be announced by Friday, April 26, 2019
Preference will be given to applicants that have a financial need and who are “first generation” or first in their immediate family to attend a four-year higher education institution.
The Houston ISD Foundation will review and evaluate all applications, and will determine finalists. For any questions, contact College Readiness at 713-967-5231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org